From The PSPedia2
Photon arts are special abilities which consume PP in order to unleash powerful attacks on your opponents. There are three categories of photon arts, each of which can be used exclusively with a specific weapon category. Skills are for melee weapons, bullets are for ranged weapons and Technics are for Technic weapons. The only weapon categories which do not use photon arts are R-Mags and shields.
Before a photon art can be used, it must be learned and then linked to an appropriate weapon. Learning a photon art is done by using a photon art disc. Basic discs can be purchased from the Weapon Shop, but more powerful discs can be found only as enemy drops in missions.
- After obtaining a disc, highlight it in tab 3 of your inventory.
- Press Ｘ to bring up the options menu, and then select "Learn." The selected art will be learned as long as the same art has not already been learned at an equal or higher level.
- Next, browse through your weapon inventory (tab 1) and select the weapon you want to link the photon art to.
- Press Ｘ to bring up the weapon's options, then select "Link Photon Art" from the menu. This will open up a new window which will show all of the photon arts you have learned which can be linked to the selected weapon.
- Highlight the art you want to link, then press the appropriate button to link it to the weapon. Skills are linked to melee weapons with △, bullets are linked to ☐ on ranged weapons, and Technics can be linked to △ and ☐ since Technic weapons allow for multiple arts to be linked to them.
Photon art disc levels
Photon art discs can be obtained by either purchasing them directly from the Weapon Shop or by finding them as enemy drops in missions. All discs will have a photon art level attached to them. This level, of course, identifies the level of the photon art you will learn by using the disc.
Photon art discs dropped by enemies can range in level from LV1 all the way up to LV30, the maximum level in the game. However, disc level is determined in this case by the level of the enemy that dropped it. The following chart outlines the disc levels available from each enemy level tier. Discs obtained from the exchange mission Secret Society or via Partnership ratings use the same range, but with player level substituted for enemy level.
|Photon art disc levels|
Weapon Shop inventory
While shopping for photon art discs, keep in mind that you will only be able to purchase discs up to LV14. Anything higher than that can be found only as an enemy drop. The disc levels you find at the Weapon Shop depend on your current level, so as you level up, you will begin to see higher level discs in the shop. The following chart outlines the disc levels which becomes available based on your level.
|Photon art disc levels|