From The PSPedia2
Nanoblasts are the beasts' racial ability. They can temporarily transform into a more animalistic and bestial form, improving their abilities in combat.
Beasts require a blast badge in order to transform. This is a kind of tattoo beasts have on their arm, and different blast badges will result in different forms with different abilities. A beast of at least LV10 can purchase or change a blast badge for 10,000 Meseta at the Salon in Clad 6's Style Shop. As the beast rises in level, additional blast badges will become available.
The blast badge of defense. Confers an astounding degree of protection, enabling a beast to attack heedless od damage. Permitted only to beasts Lv. 10 or higher. Boosts DEF, lasts for about 45 seconds.
The blast badge of accuracy. Dramatically boosts a beast's reaction time, ensuring its attacks hit while its enemy's attacks do not. Permitted only to beasts Lv. 10 or higher. Boosts ACC and EVA, lasts for about 50 seconds.
The blast badge of offense. Draws out a beast's savage instincts to crush foes with overwhelming aggression. Permitted only to beasts Lv. 20 or higher. Boosts ATT, lasts for about 30 seconds.
The whirlwind blast badge. The beast assumes a more savage guise to slaughter enemies with speed when its fighting instinct peaks. Permitted only to beasts Lv. 30 or higher. Boosts movement speed; also, this nanoblast form has unique attacks compared to the original PSU forms. Lasts for about 40 seconds.
The blast badge of impact. The beast assumes a more savage guise to overwhelm enemies when its fighting instinct peaks. Permitted only to beasts Lv. 40 or higher. Also has unique attacks (and different ones from Zavn Val). Lasts for about 40 seconds.
The invincibility blast badge. Draws on latent potential to nullify enemy attacks. Physically demanding and short-lived as a result. Permitted only to beasts Lv. 50 or higher. Gives invulnerability for about 20 seconds.
When using Zavn Val and Gavri Val, there is an unknown chance that a Nanoblast Frenzy will occur, after your normal nanoblast, with the beast changing into a black and red form instead of the expected form. While in Nanoblast Frenzy mode, your attacks will damage other party members.
When a beast has a blast badge, the blast gauge to the left of their level, HP and PP will fill up as you take and deal damage. The gauge will shine when full, letting you know that is is now possible to nanoblast. While standing still, your character can activate the nanoblast; however it cannot be activated while frozen, stunned or sleeping. Nanoblasts start and end with a two second transformation sequence in which your character will be invulnerable to enemy attacks. During a nanoblast, the depleting blast gauge shows how much time is left before your character will revert to their normal self. Nanoblasts cannot be deactivated, though if your character is incapacitated while nanoblasting, they will revert to their normal form.
Pressing the Triangle and Square buttons together will activate the nanoblast.
- Transformed beasts cannot use the action palette, items, weapons or goggles.
- The attacks available to transformed beasts vary depending on the blast badge used.
- Transformed beast stats are based on blast badge, character level, gender, type, line shield stats, units and status effects.
- Extra units with auto recovery will continue to work.
- Transformed beast stats are not affected by weapon stats or line shield element. Attacks and defense are neutral element.
- Transformed beasts are immune to Jellen, Zalure, burn, freeze, shock, silence, confuse, infection, stun, poison and sleep.
- Transformed beasts are not immune to the holding effect of enemy traps.
- Transformed beasts are not immune to Shifta, Deband, and auto recovery.
- Vande Val is immune to having these positive effects overwritten or reapplied.
- Adaka Val, Boggo Val, and Zeed Val are not immune to the incapacitate status effect.
- Vande Val is immune to damage, recovery, and incapacitation.
- Zeed Val does not alter attack speed. Boggo Val does not alter MND.