The PSPedia2:Manual of style
From The PSPedia2
This manual of style was created to give contributors of the PSPedia2 a standardized set of guidelines to be used while writing articles for the wiki. All details here should be adhered to to help give the site a consistent, easy-to-read format. If you have any questions concerning the information listed here or if you are uncertain of something that may not be covered, please use this page to let us know.
Writing an article
The purpose of all articles within the PSPedia2 is to relay accurate facts to the readers. As such, all information given must be from an objective standpoint; in other words, straight, unbiased facts. Subjective, opinionated material will be removed. Furthermore, for the sake of consistency, all articles should be written in American English.
The standard rules of capitalization in the English language should be applied to the text of all articles, however there are some special cases and clarifications to take into consideration. If you have any questions or are unsure how to handle certain cases, please let us know and we will get it sorted out.
- Individual item names are considered proper nouns, and therefore should be capitalized as they are in-game. For example, Claymore, Helixen, Tero Weave, Hel / Force, Monomate, Meseta, Braves Jacket, Bacolone Arms CV, etc.
- For the most part, item categories are not proper nouns, and therefore should not be capitalized. This includes individual weapon categories (sabers, handguns, wands, etc.), shield-weaves, modules, photon arts, etc. However, there are a few exceptions to the rule.
- Two weapon categories are capitalized: R-Mags and Tech-Mags. All other categories are to be lowercase.
- One photon art category is capitalized: Technics. The remaining two categories, skills and bullets, are to be lowercase.
- All planet, colony, organization and mission names are considered proper nouns, and should be capitalized.
- All race names are not proper nouns, so they should not be capitalized. For example, humans, newmans, casts, beasts and deumans.
- Battle type names are proper nouns: Hunter, Ranger, Force and Vanguard.
- Many in-game menus and screens use unnecessary capitalization that contradicts the rules and exceptions listed above. For example, color names of clothes are fully capitalized in-game, but as they are not proper nouns, they should not be capitalized. When this data is transferred to the wiki, the manual of style's capitalization guidelines will overrule the in-game text.
- There is an exception to this rule, however. When copying in-game descriptions for items, enemies or missions, the in-game spelling (including misspellings) and capitalization takes precedence. This only applies to text which is put in italics at the top of weapon, enemy, mission, etc. articles.
There are numerous types of articles throughout the PSPedia2, such as those for individual weapons, shield-weaves, modules and more. For details on the format of each type of article, please reference this page.
Image submission guidelines
Please follow these guidelines when submitting images to the PSPedia2. Images not in accordance are subject to removal.
- You may submit only your own images. Images taken from other sites will be removed unless proof of permission is provided.
- Avoid submitting full screenshots. Crop around the focal point of your image to remove wasted space.
- Turn off the name display above your character's head before taking a screenshot. Leaving it makes the image look cluttered.
- If possible, try to avoid letting the in-game HUD obscure the focal point of the image.
- Properly name your images. Please do not upload images with names that are strings of numbers.
- If three or more images already exist for an item, it likely is not necessary to upload another. After all, there's no point in showing the exact same item being held by different characters.